Monday, June 9, 2008

Rage incident at the Doug Fir

From the journal, 7 June 2008.

Doug Fir has the uncanny ability to terrify me with its opportune people-watching. Regardless of ridiculousness, anything seen on more than two people per evening will indeed become a [fashion] trend. Tonight it is fanny packs. No, sadly I am not joking. Thick, contoured belts with pouches. I've seen three, so it is upon us.

I am asymptotically reaching a freak-out point. I knew-- I f*ing knew-- that she'd be here. I've thought about the possibility for months. I thought I saw her in the [back bar] corner. That, and I'm coming off such a bliss full week. There is no yin but there's a yang; no shadow without light; no day but for night. [ed note: I didn't mean to make that rhyme]

Lest I lay it on too thick, I'm sitting here hating on a troupe of hippy girls. I thought that I had gotten over this particular prejudice & embraced the dirt, but there is... something... about these particular specimens-- which means that my rage at the east coast version is deep and justified.

1 comment:

Where's Domo? said...

NOOOOO! Hate those too. I would imagine they are quite convenient... but still.

I'd like to invite you to participate in my blog. Hope to see you there.

Brave Domo