Friday, October 15, 2010

Life lists

As an admitted list-lover, I enjoy reading other people's lists, and often think in terms of them. What do I feel like for dinner tonight? Top five ideas, based on what's in the fridge. What music should I listen to right now? Top ten songs that are proven to help me get work done.

But these are short-term lists, and with the past seven out-of-town weekends in a row, my recent career doubts, and my birthday coming up, it's a good time to think longer-term.

What's on my life list?

  1. Attend Comic Con (San Diego, July)
  2. Participate in Iceland Airwaves (Reykjavik, October)
  3. Visit the Galapagos for as long as possible
  4. Ride the Orient Express
  5. Stay in an over-water bungalows
  6. Walk the Great Wall of China
  7. Run a marathon in another country-- run one marathon every year
  8. Dress up for Halloween every year
  9. Run each leg of Hood to Coast
  10. Stay in a fire lookout, preferably one you snowshoe to
  11. Live and work in another country (New Zealand!)
  12. Scuba dive around Vancouver Island, one of the top marine life hotspots in the world

That's a good start.

No comments: