Friday, January 19, 2007

hibernation

I am listless these days. By "these days," I guess I mean the last two weeks or so.

Although I'm not a particularly social person, I forever have plans. Try a new bar, go for a run, see a show, check out a new art exhibit, take a class. I really let everything drop this week when I decided to putter around house projects instead of taking a day trip to the coast last weekend (and then painful big-box store shopping intervened). Then stomach flu laid me low on Monday's bonus-holiday. Portland's Blizzard 2007 struck on Tuesday, and now it seems there's no going back.

I am down to zero and I don't want to move. Sure, there's the sick factor, but if that one excuse takes the blame, then you don't know me. I like to do things (although not necessary finish them). Am I hibernating?

No comments: