Monday, October 29, 2007

a previous weekend

I'll spare you the laments over how long it's been since I've written.

The previous weekend was wall-to-wall. Saturday morning, Erik & I went to a traditional Indian wedding ceremony, performed in Sanskrit and held on the enclosed glass skybridge of the World Trade Center, downtown. The priest was just over an hour late, so a few of the bride's female relatives stalled by singing for the crowd.

We had to leave early so that keep to my prior plan to help Ted load a fifteen-foot moving van with trash and yard debris. The van was full to the roof, but then we drove to my house for a few additional items. Notable among them was a round glass tabletop that Ted had to carry alone and which I held in place as Erik and Ted shoved a few more things in.

All three of us went out to the dump, where unloading went at least five times faster than the stuffing of the van had. We rushed to return the van, then Erik & I were only about half an hour late to the wedding reception-- well within Indian timing. The setting and dinner buffet were both gorgeous, but we left after the first dance to get home early.

Sunday morning I awoke extra early to meet Leslie and Bhavna downtown for the "Run Like Hell" half marathon. We had a nice, relaxed race, along with some decent race photos, as far as those go.

After the run, Julie and I went for breakfast at Juniors, and then dashed to Fred Meyer for a few things. When we got back to my house, Julie raked leaves onto the front garden beds while Erik & I made plans and readied for afternoon of shopping with Aspen & Mae. We picked them up and went over to Nob Hill, walking around a little before losing steam, stopping for bubble tea, and returning to the east side to check out Macy's.

Yes, I went to Macy's in the mall. It wasn't that bad, just looking for suits for Erik. We didn't find anything, but hanging out with Mae & Aspen is always a plus. Soon enough it was time to drive everyone home and go to Donna's house to play with the cats. She took me for dinner to Be Won, after which we went back to her place to converse more. It is truly impossible to not be sucked into the Donna time warp. I think I got home near midnight, ready to go to bed and read the final Harry Potter late into the night.

No comments: