Monday, April 16, 2007

tcb

I'm watching robins bob and weave in the glowing grass outside the window at work. This year I'm determined to make Spring last longer by noticing more of its changes than ever. I keep daily tallies of the amount of leaf emergence on key trees. I note which cherry trees and azaleas have yet to blossom, and how long which plants kept their flowers. I am a self-appointed keeper of spring.


Yesterday I ran my fourth Whidbey Island Half Marathon. The sun made a surprising and insistent appearance, and the course along the island's waterfront made me smile the entire time. I listened to Verve, Boards of Canada, Arizona, and even some of KLF's Chill Out album, and the world was right.

I finally made an appointment to get my car windshield replaced, although upon receiving a confirmation email, it's not on the day I requested. I also have an acupuncture appointment on Wednesday, to hopefully solve the back problems I've had since September.

So I'm taking care of things, slowly...

No comments: