Friday, April 27, 2007

jewels

Julie's doing better, although yesterday was a bad day for her and she only just went in to her plasma exchange for today. I was talking to her on the phone, fretting while she gasped for breath between typical Julie phrases, when they came to take her down to the dialysis room.


Yesterday I worked a little late, then went for a birthday dinner for a running buddy. His wife used to be my running buddy, but after the arrival of their first child he's gotten more into it while she's fallen out. It went well, for a party.

Afterwards I rushed straight over to see Julie. She had a negative reaction to the plasma exchange, so she was short of breath, and tired quickly. The doctors had told her that she was hours from death when she came to the ER on Sunday, so she was a bit down mulling over that news.

From the hospital I drove over to NE Alberta for Last Thursday, and met up with John. I didn't get to see much of the street on offer, but a corner gallery that's consistently decent had the most amazing show of elaborately flourished clear blown glass implements-- ranging from a simple but elegant hook, knife, and comb, to a full working spinning wheel, and absinthe tureen, and earthquake detector.

I am exhausted. My attention span is still shot. None of that is news, I suppose.

No comments: