Thursday, March 29, 2007

perfect nights

I've experienced a run of perfect evenings. Last night I went for a run, made dinner, then worked on patching up the myriad shredded seams and worn holes in my well-loved blue light coat while listening to jazz on NPR. Erik listened to the same program from his room, while playing World of Warcraft, which gave an odd stereo shower stall sound. Aside from the griddle on the stove getting so flipping hot that even high-heat peanut oil smoked on contact, causing a prolonged smoke alarm annoyance, it was relaxing and fantastic. I even went to bed early to read, and got a mythical eight hours of sleep.


Tuesday night I also went for a run, then Erik and I went to Fat Straw for bagel sandwiches and bubble tea. When we came home we watched Babel while drinking red wine. I painted my fingernails and Erik's toenails with matching blue polish, and pinned together the disintegrated seams on the outside of my blue coat to prep for sewing. It certainly doesn't get better than that.

Tonight I'm hoping that the nice weather will make Last Thursday bustling and fascinating. I'm also taking my brother to the airport; he'll be back east for a week. I'll miss him this weekend for breakfast and house help. It will be interesting to hear what happens, since our mother is also in the States-- a rare intersection of my father, mother, and brother. I must admit that I'm happy to not be in the mix. It's a cocktail best viewed from the distance of multiple timezones.

No comments: