Saturday, August 11, 2007

Two nightmares last night

In the first, a warning had been issued by the government that terrorist had mentioned "Curs" (or was it "Chic" or "Cirs" or something else similar?). At any rate, there was a county named as such in North Dakota, so officials kept especial watch on it.

Cut to a morning when I wake up to pandemonium, perhaps just Julie sobbing. I can't get her to tell me what's happened, but it's pretty obviously the terrorism for which we've all been grimly waiting. She tells me that her stepdad (real life aside: Julie doesn't have a stepdad, her parents are still married), at least, is dead, and she's not sure about her mom and dad.

I search the Internet, trying to find out what's happened. I can't seem to find anything, and I pester Julie to tell me, but she can't tell me much-- something about a rain of razors, and begs me not to make her tell me more. I finally learn what's happened, and it's that one of their own members brutally murdered the rest of the band "Meow Cat." Both of Julie's parents are in the band-- more of a weekend hobby than anything else-- and her mother, the lead singer, was particularly targeted. She was basically skinned alive and had the inside-out skin pulled back over her.

There's something else from the dream about a rain of razors, but that might have just been what I imagined to be the terrorist event, in the dream. I think that the murders were explained by the government to be an act of terrorism because they thought that the guy who went on the rampage was poisoned to do so, by terrorists. The name of the target, which we all knew beforehand as a warning, is revealed to be a shortened nickname for Chicago.




The other dream I'd call "Metal Filings." I can't remember how it started, but I remember my room in the dream-- sparse and like an alpine lodge, in a row of such rooms off a balcony, like a motel.

I had seen these on someone else, but somehow I contracted it too-- small thin pieces of what seemed to been animated metal, like half-inch lengths of graphite from a mechanical pencil. They dance over the skin, particularly liking mucus membranes and skin corners-- between the gum and the cheek in the mouth, or in the corner of the eyes. They move around like a hive, multiplying before your eyes. I had somehow gotten a few, but I kept pulling them off and keeping the numbers low. After seeing the... teachers? authorities? a friend came over to me and said "Do you take vitamins? Here, Mr. So-and-so said I should give you this pill. I guess it's from the mining company." The pill is a huge amber gellcap, the kind that I know is usually gelatin, but this time I can't afford to be picky. I've managed to keep the metal filings a secret from everyone around me; most people don't know about them anyways, so they wouldn't know any better what it meant that I had them, but it's definitely something to keep hushed. The friend is talking about how crazy huge the pill is and how I probably shouldn't take anything proffered by the mining company, while I grimly size up the pill and swallow it down.


That's about when I awoke from the dream. I awoke from each really cold, to pull the blankets back up over my shoulders and wait to warm up from such awful images.

1 comment:

the omnicollective said...

Bjork has that same metal disease that you have. Luckily it is benign and looks pretty cool.