Friday, September 14, 2007

dame de lotus

Fall is coming. It's slowly dripping cherry syrup over the tops of maple trees here at work, trimmed round like lollipops.

Two images I had forgotten to mention, from yesterday:

I woke up with the beginning of a visual migraine, so I took a shower in the dark-- yes, it's dark now when I get up. What an odd experience, to shower in the dark. Hot water, cold tiles, undulating pulses of afterimages (that's in my head), and gravity barely applies. It was disorienting, but it worked, and I've only had this headache up in the corner of my head to remind me of a narrow escape.

Since our middle cat, Venus, stopped eating and drinking for a few days, Erik and I have had to give her subcutaneous fluid a few times. Originally the vet wanted to keep her in emergency care, but, well, we're rather pro at the "subcu," from a previous incident. That's another story.

Anyways, we were preparing the fluid bag, tubing, and needle, and Erik had just grabbed the cat. He sat down on the corner of the bed, when-- WHAM!-- the frame collapsed. I tried to play it down so that we could deal with it later, but upon further examination that night, the damage is extensive. I can't believe how many screws are sheered through the middle, ones integral to the main parts of the frame! I've never seen a bed frame fail so spectacularly, but I'm hopeful that I can take it apart and fix it. For now, since it's too big to get through the door, we have the busted bed frame pushed to one side, and our mattress on the floor on the other side of the room-- barely a foot to go around between them.

So that's how the week has been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Le pressentiment? Curieux, quoi qu'il en soit.

Fleur de Saison is a much better piece than Dame de Lotus -- less of the prim virginal look of a skin products salesmodel and some amazingly percussive lyrics considering that they must punch through the anaesthetic silk blanket of French. And a somehow meatier and more determined theme for all of its floweriness.

Emilie Simon must be huge in France. All of her videos are incredibly high-budget productions, definitely recommendable for the sheer eye-candy even if one is, as with Kate Bush, not entirely in love with her little girl voice.

the omnicollective said...

dame de lotus - way cooler title, though