Saturday, September 29, 2007

wildlife dreams

Whether because I just got up at the ungawdly hour of 6am, or because Kenard began waking me up about half an hour earlier than that-- I vividly remember my main dream.

We were in three or four separate boats, having paddled out to get to the space shuttle take-off strip. We had to dock to wait for a signal or something, and our leader took us to what seemed to be a secret dock site; our boats just beached on an invisible something. After waiting a long time, I decided to go investigate. As I pulled the boat away, I saw that we were docked on a whale. I told the others, and after they saw for themselves, we paddled back to land to talk to our leader.

Being on a train or boat, the rocking, going out to the stairs, seeing killer whales breaching in the bay, coyote in the low forest on the side of the tracks, bobcat on the curving stairs up to the top.

The house we bought-- "forest retreat," nude beach down the hill, neighbors with kids, getting parked up.

***I wrote the above in a rush while getting ready for a ridiculously early Saturday morning run, devolving into stream-of-consciousness in order to remember details. I'm kicking this one out the door rather than try to reconstruct it, since it's already been a few days. ***

No comments: