Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I typed for miles

This time of transition, this time of daylight slipping away, accelerated impressions of not possibly being able to do everything. So I haven't made time for writing. I didn't go to the farmers market this weekend. I skipped my long run in favor of reading on the new couch for a few hours, resting my messed-up shoulder. So that was my equinox: embracing relaxation.

I'm doing less, but somehow I have even less time for my various projects. Sunlight equals productive time. As my photosynthesis slows down, so does my productivity. Nighttime, at least, is better for creativity, so I expect to have more ideas as the season of hibernation snuggles down over the northwest. There's a lot of dark time, torture for us insomniacs, especially those of us

***This entry left unfinished due to the sudden pressing need to leave to get ready for a work event titled "Winter Formal"***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first paragraph, passed through a filter I wrote for my text editor to free-versify any text at random:

This time of transition,
this time of daylight

slipping away, accelerated
impressions of not

possibly being able
to do everything.
So I haven't made time
for writing. I

didn't go to the
farmers market this
weekend. I
skipped my long
run in favor of reading
on the new couch
for a few hours,
resting my messed-up

shoulder. So that was my

equinox: embracing
relaxation.