Wednesday, February 28, 2007

montezuma´s revenge

¡Hola amigos, yo estoy en Costa Rica!

We´re in Montezuma, on the Nicoya peninsula on the Pacific coast. I´ve been having flashbacks to Thailand, but this town makes it a full on hallucination. It´s a hippy surfer beach town, where Americans and Europeans with dreads sell boring jewelry from tables set up on the town´s main dirt road. Our hotel is rather interesting, with only netting for one whole wall, out onto howler monkey-infested jungle and sandy beach beyond.

The journey here was rather an adventure. I guess Costa Rican roads are notorious for being poor, but the scenery more than distracts my easily-distracted mind. It was the ferry ride over, in still, stifling heat, that just took it out of me.

At any rate, we have a few days here, which we haven´t had in any of the places we´ve been yet—San Jose, Arenal, and Monte Verde. I expect to finally get some sand and sun in some nooks and cranies, so that I can return home happy.

No comments: