Wednesday, May 2, 2007

may day

Spent the weekend at Cape Lookout on the coast with Erik and his parents in their R. Julie's out of the hospital, but has to go daily for plasma exchange. Yesterday she had a "permanent" neck catheter put in. When she originally told me about it, I thought she was being melodramatic. What do you mean by "permanent," I asked. How could a catheter be permanent.? Permanent like a tattoo? I guess I expected the answer to be a month or so. Turns out it could be a few years.


The month of May is insanity. Spring fever, I guess. So many birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, parties. It's only day two and I'm already biting my nails and gritting my teeth. Where is my cave?

I went for a walk with Sri today, around campus. The wind picked up like mad, young birch tree branches leaning over into the path and losing their brand new leaves. Then it hailed, hard, which stung with the force of the wind. Ten minutes later, back at my desk, there was not a cloud in the sky. Hurrah! At least the weather is still Scottish and Aprily.

1 comment:

Susan Kelley said...

Don't forget the haggis!

Posted by Eric On Wednesday, May 02, 2007 at 5:48 PM