Tuesday, May 15, 2007

tunnel travel

Sometimes, in disembodied conversation with a friend of like mind, I try to convey a mental photograph and I wish I could just pull the entrance wide and have them climb into my mind to see it for themselves. It's more about the completeness of the experience than the speed and efficiency, although the latter certainly beckons.

Yesterday was glorious. My brother, dad, and I went to Flavour Spot-- a cart in a video store parking lot in north Portland-- for their sausage-maple-waffle concoctions. I heard they had vegan waffles through Portland's vegan grapevine, and I wasn't disappointed.

We headed out to the Columbia River Gorge and hiked up the steep trail to Angels Rest, then drove to Hood River for a quick lunch. I'm still exhausted today. Of course it could be because I went to bed late due to general family dinner-decision ambivalence, and woke up extra early to take my dad to the airport this morning.

No comments: