Friday, November 10, 2006

night out

In an attempt to revive the weekly Bar Night that acquainted Ted, Erik and I with more of Portland when Ted first moved here, I sent an email to Julie and Erik.


Last night Erik had a going-away thing for a coworker, but Julie and I went to Oaks Bottom Public House, in Sellwood. I showed up first, didn't like the small, packed, in-the-know density of the place, and waited outside. When Julie arrived we waited patiently at the miniscule bar for a drink, while glaring at the woman sitting alone in a booth, playing sudoku with a full glass of wine, a burger and tatertots, and a full plate of extra tatertots. We finally got a seat and ordered our own tatertots, and the evening got markedly better.

I wanted to check out Oaks Bottom Pub for its local liquor-- Indio flavored vodkas in particular. I tried the lime-lemongrass, and New Deal's Hot Monkey. I didn't like either. The tatertots were good, but the pub was not a bar and not really a restaurant, so I'll probably not go back.

No comments: