Monday, June 25, 2007

weekend log

Friday after work I went for a run, and then we had Aspen & Mae over for pizzas on the grill. Yes, on the grill. We sat outside as dusk fell down around us, drinking wine & beer and laughing at the antics of the cats-- safely in the house and away from Mae's allergies.

Saturday morning we went to the farmers market, I worked in the garden, and then Erik and I worked together to make riblet panini on the grill. I was so excited to use Alton Brown's foil-covered-brick trick to compact the sandwich. Next time I'll preheat the bricks and it will be even better.

Erik went off to Dan's bachelor party, and I went to my favorite garden store, Garden Fever, to buy groundcover plants for various bald spots in the yard. I also bought hazelnut shells to spread in the tiny, difficult garden bed between the back door and garage; I discovered that it is the neighborhood cats' litterbox.

After spreading the mulch I rushed over for Abby's bachelorette party, which was billed as featuring a "striptease class." No details of that to follow, except that I did have fun, I discovered that some things still do embarrass me, and I still got up at 7am the next morning to go for a 13 mile run.

It was an icky, cold, rainy, painful run. I felt completely wrecked afterwards, and spent the afternoon working on my thrift store glass garden sculpture while watching "Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny" with Erik.

I made a big fancy Indian dinner, Ted came over, and we ate in the backyard.

1 comment:

the omnicollective said...

Grilled pizza - best thing ever.

I was not kidding when I said you should consider opening a food cart.