Monday, December 4, 2006

gross out sunday

While running errands Sunday afternoon I got to see, in person, an occurrance I often witness via my rearview mirror in the car.


Erik and I pushed a full shopping cart from Trader Joes into the busy parking lot. I saw an old man and woman bending down to look at my bumper. My first thought was that they had bumped or scratched my car. No big deal. I was rear-ended recently, and the crumpled license plate, black marks, and dents don't really bothered me.

The man walked around to unlock and get into the car parked next to mine. The woman bent closer, then straightened up and exclaimed, "That's gross!"

An enormous smile grew on my face. They were looking at my favorite bumper sticker.

As they slowly, creakily got into their car and did the weird old people thing where it takes them forever to get ready to drive, Erik and I loaded the car and took off. I could feel them staring at us in horror, while the toothiest grin shone from my face.

1 comment:

Susan Kelley said...

Many are the times I have rolled my eyes at that one. ;)

Posted by Eric On Tuesday, December 05, 2006 at 10:22 AM