Thursday, November 15, 2007

And there's a first time and a second time, you've got to hold on

Today is crazy. After cleaning up a downed plant from the kitchen sink, which one of the cats must've knocked over in the buzz of an exciting bug hunt, I noticed that my kitchen begonia a) was completely dead, and b) had crawly gnat creatures all over the soil. I took the pot out to the front porch, which is when I noticed that it was warm outside-- tropically warm and damp.

I'd love to be out in it, but it's such a odd and frenzied day. My brother left at noon for DC, and Erik & I follow at 10:30pm tonight. Besides that, my tiny department is slated to move at 3pm today, just two floors straight up. I only have fifteen more days on my contract, but I'll have a cube for those working days. My boss is working from home today, trying to remove a tile backsplash before contractors come to make a template for her new countertop. The other coworker in our department is out sick, so I packed up her cube for her. She had so many decorations and knickknacks that it took me the better part of an hour, including the three trips worth of things that couldn't fit in the provided boxes-- of which she needed eight. My office stuff fit in one, with room to spare.

So I'm off early to try to fit in a trip to the employee store, Ann Sacks to look at tile, my favorite running store to buy new shoes before I do more damage to my knees, and hopefully the gym. Then I'll go home and pack. Maybe even throw together dinner.

Perhaps I'll see you tonight at the airport. If not, rest assured I'm thinking of you, friends.

No comments: