Wednesday, November 21, 2007

TG minus one

The extra-short work week is already coming to an end. Four days in a row to do with as I please-- I think that's the most I've had since taking a proper vacation to Costa Rica back in March. There are so many creative endeavors I hope to at least spend time on, as well as chores and various utilitarian tasks that have been put off in the hope of future chunks of time.

The three main things I plan to do are cook, put up fairylights, and purchase tile for our kitchen backsplash. We've narrowed our tile choices down considerably, although we'll still do some extra research at the huge home improvement stores.

That's about it, really. It's been a week of more-or-less the usual. Making meals, including a rather inspired mac & cheez with fakin bacon, spinach, chipotle salsa, and a dab of creamcheez; leftover kabocha & "ricotta" raviolo, green Thai curry.

Last night Erik met me at a last-hurrah farmers market, which I only discovered because I tried to find the date of the last market of the year. There was free hot cider and donuts, although the produce was a bit sparse, and we bought wood-fired bagels that we saved for breakfast this morning-- they were fabulously chewy and dense, with a lovely, developed flavor. I also had fresh-roasted chestnuts for the first time, and even aside from their wondrousness as hand-warmers, they were quite enjoyable.

No comments: