Thursday, November 15, 2007

welcome in, shame about the weather

Yesterday evening on my run, the sky pulsed pink and murky-- what I think of as a snow sky. It hung low and ominous, pushing me forward on my leaden legs. This whole week has been a tough one for workouts. I've felt weak, tired, and slow, but I've kept on because it is only by showing up that I can keep clinging to the good, healthy habits.

After my run, I cooked up a simple alfredo sauce for the ravioli I had previously made. The effect, as a whole, was wonderful. Of course, I would've liked some extra kale in with the sauce, but I just didn't have time to wash, trim, and sautée it.

Aspen & Mae came over before 8pm, and we met Julie at the Teardrop Lounge for fancy drinks. This bar deserves the moniker "lounge," as it was a lovely, simple take on industrial modern that gave the place a warm, clean vibe-- encouraging us to sit around for a while and relax. We each had two different drinks, and shared sips around. The conversation was by far the best part of the evening. You know how amongst really smart, funny and comfortable friends you start to riff off of each other and pull in past themes even as topics leap onward at a dizzying pace? It was that sort of evening.

No comments: